A bustling downtown and charming neighborhoods make Ann Arbor an ideal place to live, learn and work. As an organization, the City of Ann Arbor’s nearly 700 employees provide services to the city’s more than 114,000 residents and maintain and enhance the 28 square miles of city limits.
Ann Arbor, known for its acres of trees and progressive environmental initiatives, has something for every interest — performance venues, museums and world-class dining and shopping — from the Ann Arbor Farmers Market and local boutiques to national retailers. Nearly 160 city parks, two city golf courses, two city canoe liveries on the Huron River and endless trails entice residents to enjoy the city’s great outdoors.
The city takes pride in the service provided to our citizens and our community’s well-earned reputation. 2014 honors include:
• “Top 25 Most Beautiful Cities in America,” BudgetTravel.com.
• “The 10 Most Intelligent College Towns in America,” No.1, Zoomtens.com.
• “Best Cities for Well-being,” No. 6, USA Today and Gallup.
• “America’s Best Main Streets,” The Huffington Post & Fodor’s Travel.
Stay connected with the city:
• Website: www.a2gov.org.
• Comment on a topic: www.a2gov.org/a2opencityhall.
• Sign up for CodeRED emergency alerts: www.a2gov.org/codered.
• Report a problem via the A2 Fix It app or at www.a2gov.org/services/Pages/Report-a-Problem.aspx.
• Follow A2 on social media: Facebook; Twitter @a2gov; and LinkedIn.
• Sign up for topic-specific email notifications: www.a2gov.org/subscribe.
• Watch a public meeting live, or via CTN’s video on demand.
Photo credit: Quinn Evans Architects and Photographer James Haefner